MY Canadian Vacation
Best Insurance
HOME BRITISH COLUMBIA ALBERTA SASKATCHEWAN MANITOBA ONTARIO QUEBEC
NEWFOUNDLAND PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND NEW BRUNSWICK NOVA SCOTIA YUKON NORTHWEST TERRITORIES NUNAVUT
 
 
New Brunswick Vacation
New Brunswick Vacation links feature the Capital City of Fredericton; the gateway to the Atlantic. Visit the lovely Grand Manan Island; world-famous St. Andrews; the northern community of Grand Falls; Miramichi and the area of Restigouche. Enjoy whale-watching in the Bay of Fundy, celtic music and Atlantic hospitality in New Brunswick. Its capital is Fredericton. The provincial Department of Finance estimates that the province's population in 2005 is 758 000 (New Brunswickers).

New Brunswick (French: Nouveau-Brunswick) is one of Canada's Maritime Provinces, and the only officially bilingual province (French and English). New Brunswick is bounded on the north by Quebec's Gaspé Peninsula and Chaleur Bay and on the east by the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and Northumberland Strait. To the south, the narrow Isthmus of Chignecto connects it to peninsular Nova Scotia, most of which is separated from the mainland by the Bay of Fundy; on its west, the province borders the American state of Maine. The boundary with the U.S. was settled during the Aroostook War largely through the efforts of businessman and political activist John Baker. New Brunswick is beautiful province full of culture and history.

The total land and water area of the province is approximately 70,000 square kilometers.  About 80% of the province is forested, with the other 20% consisting of agricultural land and urban areas.

New Brunswick lies entirely within the Appalachian Mountain range, a chain of ancient, eroded mountains which have created river valleys and low, gently rolling hills throughout large parts of the province. The northwestern part of the province is comprised of the remote and more rugged Miramichi Highlands, Chaleur Uplands, and the Notre Dame Mountains with a maximum elevation at Mount Carleton of 820 metres.
 
Copyright 2016 ~ My Canadian Vacation ~ All Rights Reserved